- Credit hours required: 45 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 5 hours of ethics and 1 hour of equity, inclusion, & the mitigation of bias
- Length of reporting period: 3 years
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 1
- Compliance group: There are 3 compliance groups. Attorneys are assigned to groups in a consecutive manner based upon their year of admission.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round up or down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Washington no longer has a live credit requirement as of January 1, 2016. Attorneys can earn all credits through approved live programs, recorded products, or other approved methods of earning credit such as writing and teaching. See the Washington State Bar Association website below for additional approved methods and pertinent requirements.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance to the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for live programs (in-person programs, webinars, and teleconferences) within 30 days after the program. The ABA does not report attendance for recorded products.
Audio and Video | On-Demand CLE
Social Media Ethics in the Age of Documented Mischief [CC]