- Credit hours required: 24 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of legal ethics, 1 hour attorney wellness, and 1 hour diversity and inclusion credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 2 years
- Compliance date: June 30
- Reporting date: June 30
- Compliance group: All attorneys report every 2 years. Newly admitted attorneys are required to report on July 1 of the second full year following the year of admission and biennially thereafter.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round up or down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report completion of CLE requirements each reporting period through the required affidavit. Neither the ABA nor attorneys send certificates of attendance to the Vermont Board of Mandatory Continuing Legal Education.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.