- Credit hours required: 15 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of ethics credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: March 31
- Reporting date: May 15
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round to the nearest quarter hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys can earn up to 5 CLE hours via recorded programs (classified as “other” credit in Montana). The product formats listed below are approved in Montana.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast, previously recorded limited to 5 credits.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report completion of CLE requirements each reporting period through the affidavit mailed to them by the Montana Bar Association. The ABA does not send certificates of attendance to the Montana Bar Association.
Audio and Video | On-Demand CLE
Social Media Ethics in the Age of Documented Mischief [CC]