The Leadership Development Program (LDP) supports SEER members interested in expanding a current leadership role or growing their knowledge of the Section so that they can assume a leadership role in the future. Please contact Kevin Gordon, Membership Associate, at (312) 988-6256 with any questions about LDP.
2020 Leadership Development Program (LDP) participants:
- Joshua Ash, Contract Manager, The Walsh Group, Pittsburgh, PA
- Inga Caldwell, Associate Director of Environmental Law Programs, Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, White Plains, NY
- Jessica Christy, Attorney, Environmental Defense Fund, Denver, CO
- Phillip Dupre, Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.
- Lena Golze Desmond, Director, Regulatory Affairs & Advocacy, Drift Marketplace, Inc., New York, NY
- David Halverson, Legal Counsel, State of Utah Public Lands Policy Coordinating Office, Salt Lake City, UT
- Cynthia R. Harris, Staff Attorney, Research and Policy Division | Director, Tribal Programs, Environmental Law Institute, Washington, D.C.
- JD Howard, Associate, Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP, Atlanta, GA
- Emily Mott, Associate Attorney, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, Houston, TX
- Adam Podowitz-Thomas, Associate, Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox LLP, Bala Cynwyd, PA
- Maram Salaheldin, Senior Consultant, Tellevate, LLC, Springfield, VA
- Michael Traynham, Chief Counsel for Environmental Quality Control, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, Columbia, SC
LDP Program Benefits During the ABA Year in Which you are Selected
- Waiver of registration fee for all Section conferences, including the annual Spring and Fall Conferences.
- Assignment to a SEER mentor.
- Recognition at SEER events as an LDP participant.
- For LDP members who meet one of the following criteria: government employee, academic, public interest lawyer, young lawyer, solo/small firm practitioner, or unemployed, a travel/lodging reimbursement is available to attend the Fall Conference according to the guidelines listed in sections III. A. 4. and III. D. 9. in the SEER reimbursement policy.
- Two SEER books of interest at no cost.
- ABA and SEER member
- Completion of an application. Applications are typically available in July each year.
Class of 2020 Participation Requirements
- Attend the Fall Conference. An in-person meeting of the LDP class will occur at this event. The 2019 Fall Conference will be September 11-14 in Boston.
- Participate in a class project which will require working with other LDP members and making a presentation to Section leadership at the 2020 Fall Council meeting in Nashville in October.
- As requested by the LDP Chair, submit updates on your personal progress and LDP experiences.
- Participate in monthly LDP conference calls.
- Availability for Section leadership at the end of the LDP term.
Past LDP Projects and Call Recordings
Premium Content For:
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Section