The Leadership Development Program (LDP) supports SEER members who are interested in expanding a current leadership role or growing their knowledge of the Section so that they can assume a leadership role in the future. Please contact Kevin Gordon with any questions.
2021 LDP Participants:
- Lauren Bachtel, Senior Attorney, Hunton Andrews Kurth, Washington, DC
- Blaine Bengtson, Associate Attorney, Jones & Keller, Denver, CO
- Amanda Crawford, Associate, Venable LLP, Washington, DC
- Nick DiLuzio, Partner, NewFields, Atlanta, GA
- Pamela Garman, Associate, Crowley Fleck PLLP, Billings, MT
- Jesse Haskins, Attorney, J. Haskins Law PA, Tampa, FL
- Pete Keays, Associate, Hangley Aronchick Segal Pudlin & Schiller, Philadelphia, PA
- Emily Lane, Judicial Law Clerk, United States Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Ohio, Columbus, OH
- Kartik Madiraju, Associate, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein LLP, Forest Hills, NY
- Telsula Morgan, Senior Attorney, Lewis, Longman & Walker, P.A., West Palm Beach, FL
- Mary-Thomas Hart, Deputy Environmental Counsel, National Cattlemen's Beef Association, Washington, DC
- Ryan Weiss, Counsel, The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, MI
2020 LDP Participants:
- Joshua Ash, Contract Manager, The Walsh Group, Pittsburgh, PA
- Inga Caldwell, Associate Director of Environmental Law Programs, Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, White Plains, NY
- Jessica Christy, Attorney, Environmental Defense Fund, Denver, CO
- Phillip Dupre, Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC
- Lena Golze Desmond., New York, NY
- David Halverson, Legal Counsel, State of Utah Public Lands Policy Coordinating Office, Salt Lake City, UT
- Cynthia R. Harris, Staff Attorney, Research and Policy Division | Director, Tribal Programs, Environmental Law Institute, Washington, DC
- JD Howard, Associate, Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP, Atlanta, GA
- Emily Mott, Associate Attorney, Baker Botts LLP, Houston, TX
- Adam Podowitz-Thomas, Bala Cynwyd, PA
- Maram Salaheldin, Associate Attorney, Clark Hill PLC, Washington, DC
- Michael Traynham, Special Counsel, Nexsen Pruet LLC, Columbia, SC
- ABA and SEER member
- Completion of an application. The 2021 application deadline was July 20, 2020. Applications for 2022 will be posted on this page in June 2021.
- Attend the Fall Conference. A virtual meeting of the LDP class will occur around the time of this event.
- Participate in a class project which will require working with other LDP members and making a presentation to Section leadership at the Fall Council Meeting immediately following their year-long LDP involvement.
- As requested by the LDP Chair, submit updates on personal progress and LDP experiences.
- Participate in monthly LDP conference calls.
- Availability for Section leadership at the end of the LDP term.
LDP Program Benefits During the ABA Year in Which you are Selected
- Waiver of registration fee for all Section conferences, including the annual Spring and Fall Conferences.
- Assignment to a SEER mentor.
- Recognition at SEER events as an LDP member.
- For LDP members who meet one of the following criteria: government employee, academic, public interest lawyer, young lawyer, solo/small firm practitioner, or unemployed, a travel/lodging reimbursement is available to attend the Fall Conference according to the guidelines listed in sections III. A. 4. and III. D. 9. in the SEER reimbursement policy.
- Two SEER books of interest at no cost.
Past LDP Projects and Call Recordings
Premium Content For:
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Section