Message from the Chairs
Welcome to the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee!
We are an active and busy committee that seeks to provide you with information and advice you can use in your practice, as well as the opportunity to market your services to the ABA’s litigation and ADR communities.
And with our welcome comes an invitation to get involved in the ADR Committee. There are two great ways to do this. First, we have an excellent newsletter that comes out four times a year and an award-winning webpage. We are also always looking for legal or “how-to-do-it” articles, practice points, and “news and development” pieces that report on recent events, new statutes, or judicial decisions. Publishing your work can be a great way to market your services as an attorney or neutral. You need not worry about writing the perfect piece; we’ll help you edit it. Don’t tell us that you are interested in publishing with us. Prove it by sending us something!
Second, we invite you to join one of our subcommittees and, if you have the interest, to take a leadership role. Our Subcommittees include:
- Sound Advice: This committee arranges for podcasts of 5 to 20 minutes on topics of interest.
- Roundtable: This committee organizes webinars and discussion panels that feature guest speakers on topics of interest.
- Membership: This committee focuses on attracting new members to the ADR Committee.
- Newsletter: This committee assists the editor in sourcing and creating content for the quarterly newsletter.
- Website: This committee assists the editors in sourcing and creating content for the website.
- Programs: This committee helps create programs for the Litigation Section Annual Conference and the ABA Annual Conference and joint programs with other committees.
Practice Area Subcommittees
- Settlement Counsel
Please email the Committee’s cochairs (Betsy A. Hellmann, Mitchell Marinello, Henry Chalmers) to let us know if you are interested in joining a subcommittee and if you would like to take on a leadership role.
We look forward to working with you!
Betsy A. Hellmann, Mitchell Marinello, and Henry Chalmers
Cochairs, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee