The ABA Partnership Awards Program honors bar association projects directed at increasing the participation and advancement of lawyers of color as well as other underrepresented constituents: attorneys with disabilities, women attorneys and those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.
The awards are presented annually by the ABA Standing Committee on Bar Activities and Services.
The evaluation criteria covers six areas:
- Fulfills Partnership Awards Program goal of increasing racial and ethnic diversity in the legal profession;
- Shows evidence of partnerships formed with other organizations to attain program objective;
- Replicability of program;
- Achievement of goals as measured by successful completion of/progress toward original purpose;
- Overall quality of program, i.e. how well it was developed, planned, implemented, supported and evaluated; and
- Novelty or creativity of program, i.e. did program introduce a new idea or approach for promoting diversity
Pamela Robinson, Director
ABA Division for Bar Services
P: (312) 988-5345