Managing Partner/President Model Job Description
MANAGING PARNER/PRESIDENT REPORTS TO:
Executive Committee and ultimately to the partners/shareholders
- Execution of firm policies as approved by the partners/shareholders
- Supervision of financial and other administrative systems and records
Responsibility for the following, usually delegated to the department/practice group chairs:
- Practice organization and management
- Recruiting, training and professional development of attorneys
- Client service
Responsibility for the following, usually delegated to the Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director or Firm Administrator:
- Operating expense control
- Billings and collections
- Preparation of the operating budget, capital expenditure budget, management and cash flow reports
- Facilities management - lay-out, furnishing and maintenance of the offices; leases
- Human Resources
- Technology and Knowledge Management
Responsibility for the following, usually delegated to the Chief Marketing Officer, Director of Marketing and/or Director of Business Development:
- Development and implementation of firm, practice group and individual marketing plans
- External communications including media relations
- Business development training
- Development and implementation of the firm’s strategic plan
- Meeting with the Executive Committee regularly and reporting to the partners/shareholders on the state of the firm.
- Calling partner/shareholder meetings, preparing the agenda and chairing the meetings, ensuring that accurate and timely minutes are promptly distributed
- Analysis of any potential merger or acquisition of additional offices for presentation to the partners/shareholders for decision.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as the partners/shareholders may assign.
Note: Prepared as a model for clients of ROBERT DENNEY Associates, Inc.
© Copyright Robert Denney Associates, Inc.
About the Author