2009 TECH TIPS
In this special issue, Law Practice celebrates the spirit of ABA TECHSHOW® by giving you a bounty of varied legal technology tips. For our format, we’ve taken a cue from the conference’s “60 Tips in 60 Minutes” sessions, as we did in last year’s ABA TECHSHOW issue. The reason is simple: Without fail, these fast-paced sessions are always among the most highly rated at the conference because they are packed with practical nuggets of information. A tip might show you a simple way to trim expenses, connect more easily with clients or avoid an ethics trap. Or it might explain an underused but essential feature of a software program, or point you to a new Web service or a simple and effective way to market yourself. Whatever it’s about, you listen and you get it and you put the tip to use the very next day. This second annual tech tips issue features ABA TECHSHOW speakers and a few favorite writers, who bring you up to speed on some of the hottest trends and topics in the following pages.
We hope you enjoy it and will put their tips to use today!
- Stretching Your Research Dollars
- Work Better with Others Online
- Mastering Instant Messaging
- Planning a Successful Scanning Implementation
- Avoiding Costly Technology Gotchas
- The Bad News About Message Recall
- A Techno-Ethics Checklist
- Expanding Your Online Presence
- Essential Tips for E-Mail Newsletters
- E-Discovery Tips for Everyday Cases
HAVE TECH TIPS TO SHARE?
We want to hear from you. E-mail your tips to LawPracticeMagazine@gmail.com, and the best ones will be published by the ABA Law Practice Management Section.