Gain instant access to convenient forms, letters, checklists, and agreements developed specifically with the solo/small firm practitioner in mind. Written by some of the top legal professionals in their field, the material in the GPSolo Division's Forms Library is organized by practice area, making it quick and easy to find the forms you need. Click here to find out more.
Brown Bag Sessions
SAVE THE DATE
December 11, 2013
12:00 Central Time
GPSolo’s Virtual Brown Bag Sessions are short, informal educational events on timely topics organized by committees and held entirely by teleconference as a Division member benefit at no additional cost. The sessions are held monthly, normally last one hour, and are held during lunch hours. Due to the informal nature of the programs, and the fact that accompanying written materials may not always be prepared and distributed, the Division does not offer continuing legal education credits for these programs.
Some past Brown Bag Session topics included:
- How to Start and Build a Successful Law Practice
- Premiums to Profits: Attorneys as Title Agents
- Taking the Mystery and (Some) Misery Out of Starting and Developing a New Solo Practice
- The Latest Developments in Chapter 13
- Estate Planning and Tax Law 101 Primer
- The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA): What Every Lawyer Needs to Know
- Cybersecurity and the Solo, Small Firm Lawyer
- What Solos and Small Firms Need to Know About Avoiding Ethics Complaints and Malpractice Claims
- How to Make Money with Group Legal Plans
Difference Makers Awards Winners
Congratulations to the 2013 Difference Makers Awards Winners! Award recipients were honored at the Division’s 2013 Fall Meeting and National Solo & Small Firm in Lexington, KY, on Friday, October 4, at the Difference Makers Awards Luncheon.
Left to Right: Saly M. Abd Alla, A. Lori Saroya, Jennifer Rymell, John M. Rosenberg, Marcia Milby Ridings, Judge Bernice B. Donald, and Palmer "Gene" Vance II
2013 Difference Maker—John M. Rosenberg, Prestonsburg, KY (news release)
Making a Difference by Breaking Barriers—Judge Bernice B. Donald, Memphis, TN (news release)
Making a Difference Through Community Service—Palmer “Gene” Vance II, Lexington, KY (news release)
Making a Difference Through Pro Bono Work—Council on American-Islamic Relations, Minnesota (CAIR-MN), Minneapolis, MN (news release)
Making a Difference Through Service to the Profession—Marcia Milby Ridings, London, KY (news release)