Please note that this form is in Microsoft Word format.
The New Client/Matter Intake Form gathers the basic information necessary for administrators to perform the mechanical, nondiscretionary screening functions:
- Conflict checking;
- Confirmation that the lawyer(s) who will be responsible for case management work in the appropriate department or practice area;
- Confirmation of form engagement letter;
- Confirmation of receipt of countersigned engagement letter from client;
- Obtaining confirmation-required approvals from firm's intake management partner (or committee); and
- Issuance of client/matter billing number.
The New Client/Matter Intake Form is intended to be processed by administrators; this form should be referred to the oversight partner or committee only if a conflict is identified, or if there appears to be some danger of 'dabbling' because a partner is designated to oversee a matter outside his or her area of practice, or an issue exists regarding the form or nonuse of an engagement letter.
This form is discussed in more detail in The Essential Formbook: Comprehensive Management Tools for Lawyers, Volume I: Partnership and Organizational Agreements/Client Intake and Fee Agreements.
Other Downloads Available!
This is only one of many downloads available from this book. To see what else is available, visit:
The Electronic Formbook