For more self-help legal information and referral assistance for this state, visit http://www.oregonlawhelp.org/OR/index.cfm

Click here for Military Legal Assistance Offices:
Servicemembers and their families may access free legal assistance at these offices. See our Working with a Lawyer publication for more details on eligibility.

Click here for Legal Aid and Pro Bono Programs
These programs provide free civil legal assistance, but your eligibility for services may be limited based on your income. These organizations may or may not have military-specific services. Contact these programs for more details on eligibility.

Click here for Lawyer Referral Programs
These programs will connect you to a lawyer who charges for legal services. Some attorneys with these programs, however, may offer discounted initial consultations or may charge reduced fees based on your income. Contact these programs for more information.

Click here for Military-Specific Programs
These are programs designed to assist members of the military with legal matters. See the specific details on the services provided.

Military Legal Assistance Offices:

There are no military legal assistance offices in Oregon. See locations in neighboring states.

Military-Specific Programs:

Oregon State Bar
PO Box 231935
Tigard, OR 97281-1935
(503) 684-3763 (Portland metro area)
(800) 452-7636 (toll-free elsewhere in Oregon)
Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5:00 pm

The Oregon State Bar’s Military Assistance Panel provides legal assistance on the Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and a number of areas of law, including family law, estate planning, bankruptcy, real estate, landlord/tenant, employment law and more. Trained volunteers provide at least one hour of advice and counseling to a client free of charge. It is up to the lawyer and client to decide whether to continue the lawyer/client relationship beyond the pro bono consultation. Additional services depend on the type of legal matter and attorney availability. Services are available for actively deployed military personnel from Oregon and their Oregon-based dependents. To participate, servicemembers – 1) Contact the Oregon Army National Guard at (503) 584-3571 for an authorization military reference or “MR” number; and then, 2) Contact the Oregon State Bar’s Military Assistance Panel Program at (503) 684-3763 for a referral to a participating lawyer; and then, 3) Contact the participating lawyer.