March 01, 2018
Legal Talk Network at the 2018 ABA Midyear Meeting
Legal Talk Network, an online media network for legal professionals, interviewed dozens of ABA leaders and other legal luminaries on topics examined during the 2018 Midyear Meeting in Vancouver.
Click on links below to listen to their published podcast stories!
- ABA Midyear 2018: President Hilarie Bass on Homeless Youth, Women in Law, and Education (Feb. 5)
Hilarie Bass, President of the ABA, talks about the issues she has focused on during her presidency like women leaving the profession, homeless youth, and attorney wellness.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Introducing President-Elect Bob Carlson (Feb. 2)
ABA President-Elect Bob Carlson speaks about what his presidency will look like, his unique perspective as a small firm owner, and what influenced him to take on this role.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Hands-On Experience with the National Trial Academy (Feb. 13)
Fred McClure and Chris Marks talk about the National Trial Academy sponsored by the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section of the ABA.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Exploring Health Law (Feb. 12)
Bill Horton and Simeon Carson discuss how the Health Law Section of the ABA serves lawyers involved in healthcare with programs and webinars for its members.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Is Online Dispute Resolution a Reality? (Feb. 6)
Colin Rule talks about the potential uses of online dispute resolution in the legal industry.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Rules of Lawyer Advertising (Feb. 6)
Linda Shely talks about the model rules of professional conduct on lawyer advertising.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Compounding Pharmacy Fraud Defense (Feb. 6)
Kevin Napper and Nina Marino speak as lawyers who defend compounding pharmacies accused of prescribing unnecessary medication.
- ABA Midyear 2018: How Lawyers Can Help Homeless Youths (Feb. 6)
Casey Trupin, Michael Santos, Angela Vigil, Melanie Redman, Darla Bardine, and Stephen Gaetz talk about the ABA homeless youth initiatives and how lawyers can get involved.
- ABA Midyear 2018: The ABA’s Opioid Summit (Feb. 5)
Jack Young talks about why the ABA’s Opioid Summit is important and how it will help lawyers deal with the crisis both professionally and personally.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Fighting Implicit Bias in Law and Beyond (Feb. 5)
Rosevelie Marquez Morales, Rhonda Hunter, and Tommy Wells talk about implicit bias, how it affects the legal industry, and how to overcome it on a daily basis.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Challenges and Rewards for Women in Politics (Feb. 5)
Suzanne Anton and Ellen Rosenblum, both attorneys general, talk about the professional and personal challenges women face when getting involved in politics.
- ABA Midyear 2018: Getting to Know the National Association of Bar Executives (Feb. 5)
In this On The Road from ABA Midyear 2018, Karen Hutchins talks about what the NABE is and how it serves the legal community.
- ABA Midyear 2018: A Look at Capital Punishment in the U.S. (Feb. 5)
Cassandra Stubbs talks about the issues that come with using the death penalty, like racial discrimination, geographic discrimination, and potential innocence.