- The ABA Legal Needs of Homeless Youth Initiative was established in August 2017 by ABA President Hilarie Bass. The initiative includes a national pro bono effort matching lawyers, law firms and in-house counsel with homeless youth shelters and drop-in centers as well as an international summit focusing on implementation strategies of the recently released UN General Comment on Children in Street Situations. Both efforts aim to engage and equip the legal community to advocate for homeless youth and improve outcomes for this vulnerable population.
- ABA Homeless Youth Legal Network Pro Bono is a new initiative aimed at meeting the legal needs of youth and young adults experiencing homelessness across the U.S. Our goal is to match lawyers and law firms with shelters, drop-in centers and other homeless youth providers to increase legal services and improve outcomes for homeless youth. If you are interested in potentially participating in this free project or would simply like to learn more about it, please email HYLNprobono@americanbar.org or call Kelly Russo at 202-662-1699.
- Serving legal needs of youth experiencing homelessness focus of ABA pro bono efforts
- ABA hosting international summit on legal rights for street-connected youth in Sao Paulo
Website stories on ABA events:
- Volunteer attorneys come together to learn about helping homeless youth in Baltimore
- Lawyers aiding youth experiencing homelessness convene at Covenant House Washington