The Media Relations and Strategic Communications Division will present the third American Bar Association Survey of Civic Literacy rollout event Thursday, April 29 at noon ET. Conducted annually in celebration of Law Day, the survey measures the American public's civics knowledge as well as their views on a range of topical issues, including COVID-19 vaccines, the use of face masks and the fairness of the American justice system.
The virtual event will feature ABA President Patricia Lee Refo and a distinguished panel of guests, moderated by CNN's Laura Coates, who will discuss survey results on racial justice.
Click for a bio of presenters:
- Patricia Lee Refo, president of the American Bar Association and partner at Snell & Wilmer in Phoenix.
- Laura Coates, anchor and senior legal analyst for CNN
- Roslyn Brock, chairman emeritus of the NAACP National Board of Directors and chief global equity officer at Abt Associates
- Bryan Porter, Elected Commonwealth's Attorney for the City of Alexandria, Virginia
- Juan R. Thomas, vice chair of the ABA Civil Rights & Social Justice Section
Click here for a PDF of this invitation.