WASHINGTON, Oct. 10, 2023 – Current and former Treasury officials will give an insider’s view of the U.S. Treasury Department at the American Bar Association Section of Taxation Virtual 2023 Fall Tax Meeting, to be held online Oct. 16-20.
Krishna Vallabhaneni, tax legislative counsel; Michael Desmond, former chief counsel of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and Treasury assistant general counsel; and Lisa Zarlenga, former tax legislative counsel, will share their experiences during the opening plenary session, “The Opportunities, Rewards and Challenges of Working at the Treasury Department,” at 10:30 a.m.-noon EDT on Oct. 16. The session will be moderated by Eric Solomon, former assistant secretary of tax policy.
Virtual 2023 Fall Tax Meeting
Sponsored by the ABA Section of Taxation
Monday-Friday, Oct. 16-20
More than 100 programs will cover myriad tax topics that range from artificial intelligence to employee benefits concerns to taxation of passthrough entities and issues impacting individual taxpayers. The sessions include:
- “Current Developments in Corporate Taxation”
- “Transferability and Direct Pay of Clean Energy Credits”
- “Estate Planning and Workplace Benefits for LGBTQ+ Taxpayers”
- “Recent Developments in Crypto Taxation”
- “Ethical Considerations for Tax Attorneys in Changing Work Environments”
- “An Overview of Recent Energy Credit Structuring Considerations”
- “IRS Strategic Operating Plan and Enforcement Efforts: An Update from IRS Executives”
- “Where’s My #@!$%*&?!! Tax Credit? Limitations on State Income Tax Resident Tax Credits”
- “Tax Justice in the Age of Artificial Intelligence”
- “The Use and Sale of Consumer Data Obtained Through Tax Preparation”
- “Tax, Tax, Revolution: Paradigm Shifts Caused by Generative A.I.”
- “Global Views: Ensuring Inclusivity in International Tax Reform”
The ABA is the largest voluntary association of lawyers in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law.