CHICAGO, April 25, 2023 — The American Bar Association Law Student Division Assembly has elected Yousef Ziyadi to serve as Delegate of Diversity & Inclusion for the 2023-24 term.
Elections were recently held by the Law Student Division Assembly, which comprises Student Bar Association presidents, Law Student liaisons to other ABA divisions and ABA representatives from each of the 199 ABA-accredited law schools.
The full slate of newly elected Council members includes:
• Chair: Malak Tehaili (University of Detroit Mercy School of Law)
• Vice Chair: Gabriella Cepeda (Saint Louis University School of Law)
• Law Student At-Large on the ABA Board of Governors: Brian Plaut (Loyola Law School Los Angeles)
• Delegate of Communications: Jeremee Henry (Southern University Law Center)
• Delegate of Diversity and Inclusion: Yousef Ziyadi (Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law)
• Delegate of Programming: Jaskirat Thind (Mississippi College School of Law).
The Law Student Division Council oversees the general operation of the ABA Law Student Division, including advocating for and shaping legislation and policy, coordinating outreach to law students regarding ABA resources and acting as representatives for law students to the ABA and the legal profession. Officers each serve a one-year term from August to July, in alignment with the ABA’s program and fiscal year.
To learn more about the officers-elect and their platforms, videos are available on the LSD Elections website at: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/law_students/about/leadership/elections/
The ABA is largest voluntary association of lawyers in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law.