WASHINGTON, Sept. 7, 2022 — The American Bar Association Section of Science & Technology Law will hold its 7th annual Internet of Things National Institute virtually this year, Sept. 12-13.
The two-day institute, “IoT and Beyond: Managing Legal Risk in the Age of Acceleration,” will cover hot-button issues including 5G, artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing and legal issues related to cybersecurity, automation, supply chain, smart cities and intellectual property.
What: 7th annual Internet of Things National Institute
Sponsored by the ABA Section of Science & Technology Law
When: Sept. 12-13
The institute will bring together corporate representatives, authors, government policymakers, educators, students, technology experts and lawyers to discuss current legal, legislative, regulatory and liability issues as well as global trends.
The institute includes leaders and representatives from Samsung; the National Institute of Standards and Technology; Oracle; The Mitre Corp.; the Department of Homeland Security; IBM; Steptoe PLLC; Covington; Verizon; the University of Dayton; Federal Trade Commission; Crowell & Moring LLP; Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP; Axinn LLP; Intel; Microsoft; Cisco Systems; Rogers Joseph O’Donnell PC; Fenwick & West LLP; Jones Day; Princeton University; and Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP.
Program highlights include:
- “Fast and Furious: The Latest IoT Technologies and the Legal Issues They Pose”
- “Cybersecurity at a Turning Point”
- “To Infinity and Beyond: IoT, Automation and the Legal Implications”
- “Tomorrowland Express: Managing the Risks and Opportunities of Smart Communities”
- “Privacy in the Multiverse of Madness: Protecting Data in Real Life and Beyond”
- “In-House Insights on IoT Intellectual Property Issues”
- “With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Connecting Legal Ethics to IoT”
- “Think Fast: Managing Key IoT Legal Risks at the Speed of Light”
This event is free and open to members of the press. For media credentialing, please contact Betsy Adeboyejo at 202-662-1039 or [email protected].
The ABA is the largest voluntary association of lawyers in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law.