WASHINGTON, Jan. 5, 2022 — The American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section and the American Bankers Association will co-host the 2022 Virtual Financial Crimes Enforcement Conference, Jan. 11-13. The conference, to be held online due to the pandemic, brings together government and private sector industry leaders to discuss enforcement trends, strengthening control frameworks, sanctioning requirements and the strategic benefits of collaboration of the banking industry across departments and their technology platforms.
In addition to daily morning and afternoon general sessions, there will be three keynote speakers:
- Jo Ann Barefoot, CEO and co-founder of the Alliance for Innovative Regulation.
- Himamauli Das, acting director of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Juan Zarate, Global co-managing partner and chief strategy officer at K2Integrity and chairman of the Center on Economic and Financial Power.
When: Tuesday-Thursday, Jan. 11-13
The general sessions will be followed by Table Talks, or breakout sessions, for the attendees. The topics for the general sessions are:
- “State of the Industry,” 10-11:30 a.m. EST
- “DOJ and Regulatory Enforcement Trends in the New Administration,” 3-4 p.m. EST
- “Untangling the Web of Ransomware, Crypto, and the Application of Sanctions and Financial Crime Regulation,” 10-11:15 a.m. EST
- “A Case Study in Convergence,” 3:30-5 p.m. EST
- “Regulatory Roundtable,” 10-11 a.m. EST
- “BSA Reform – A New Era,” 1:30-3 p.m. EST
Other highlight topics to be discussed include: A Report from the ABA’s Fraud Working Group”
- “Staying Ahead and Combating COVID-19 Fraud”
- “Data Governance and BSA”
- “International Extremism and Terrorist Financing”
- “Crypto and Virtual Currency Risks”
- “AML Act of 2020 – New Legal Frontiers in Whistleblowing”
- “Taking Your Law Enforcement Partnership to the Next Level”
- “Detecting and Disrupting Fraud in Elder and Vulnerable Populations”
- “Human Trafficking: Domestic and International Red Flags and Trends”
- “Tax Fraud Trends”
- “DEI and Financial Crimes: Continuing the Conversation”
- “Combating Instant Payments Fraud Together”
Click here for the complete program schedule.
This event is open to members of the press. For media registration, please contact Robert Robinson at [email protected].
The ABA is largest voluntary association of lawyers in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law. View our privacy statement online. Follow the latest ABA news at www.americanbar.org/news and on Twitter @ABANews.