CHICAGO, Feb. 23, 2021 — The American Bar Association’s ABA TECHSHOW 2021, which shines a spotlight on the most useful and practical technologies available in the legal industry, will be held online March 8-12.
Lawyers, legal professionals and technology all come together at the show, which will feature 100 panels and presentations covering more than a dozen tracks, from automation and collaboration to cybersecurity and marketing.
Renée DiResta, a technical research manager at the Stanford Internet Observatory at Stanford University, will be the keynote speaker on Thursday, March 8 at 11 a.m. ET. DiResta, who appeared in the popular Netflix documentary “The Social Dilemma,” investigates the spread of malign narratives and disinformation across social networks and assists policymakers in understanding and responding to the problem. She has advised Congress, the State Department and other academic, civic and business organizations.
What: ABA TECHSHOW 2021 sponsored by the ABA Law Practice Division
When: Monday-Friday, March 8-12
For the fifth consecutive year, ABA TECHSHOW will host the Start-up Pitch Competition, which will kick off the gathering on March 8 at 11 a.m. ET. Fifteen legal startups will face off in the competition, judged by TECHSHOW attendees who will pick the most innovative startup for the year.
Among the programs this year are:
- “Courageous Conversations: What Leadership on Racial Justice Looks Like in the Legal Community”
- “Solve New Legal Problems with Technology and at Scale: The Inspiration”
- “Innovating Towards a Better Normal”
- “Legal Ethics in Difficult Times: A Lawyer’s Bridge Over Troubled Water”
- “Reconfiguring Offices and Best Practices for 2021 and Beyond: Reimagined Workplaces and Workspaces”
- “Jump In: How to Identify Pain Points, Stay Compliant, and Thrive with Legal Tech”
- “Cannabis Law: What You Need to Know to Represent Clients in the Country’s Fastest-Growing Industry”
- “Rules as Code: How Technology May Change the Language Legislation is Written, and What It Might Mean for Lawyers of Tomorrow”
- “The Future of AI, Mind Mapping, and Online Dispute Resolution”
- “Trial Advocacy While Inside Your Zoom Box”
TECHSHOW 2021 will close with the “60 in 60” program, which will combine the best of “60 Sites,” “60 Tips” and “Gadgets and Gizmos” into one face-paced session.
The complete ABA TECHSHOW 2021 schedule can be viewed online.
This event is open to members of the press. For media registration, please contact Barbranda Walls at Barbranda.Walls@americanbar.org.
The ABA is the largest voluntary association of lawyers in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law. View our privacy statement online. Follow the latest ABA news at www.americanbar.org/news and on Twitter @ABANews.