CHICAGO, July 18, 2017 — The American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division has posted its 2017 On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers honorees.
The annual On the Rise - Top 40 Young Lawyers provides national recognition for 40 ABA young lawyer members who exemplify a broad range of high achievement, innovation, vision, leadership and legal and community service.
A selection committee comprised of practicing attorneys in private practice and in-house positions reviewed nominations and made selections based on the reputation of the nominator, the professional relationship between the nominator and the nominee and the nominator’s firsthand knowledge of the nominee’s experience, skill and character.
Nominees had to be 36 years old or younger or admitted to practice for five years or less as of August 30, 2017.
The Young Lawyers Division is committed to assuring it is best able to represent the newest members of the profession, ensuring that it reflects the society it serves and providing young lawyers and young lawyer organizations with the tools and opportunities for professional and personal success.
Complete list of honorees:
- Troy J.H. Andrade, University of Hawai'i at Mãnoa, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, HI
- Jordan Arnot Leahey, Partridge Partners PC, Chicago, IL
- Joshua Bennett, Rogers Townsend & Thomas PC, Columbia, SC
- Erin Bradrick, NEO Law Group, San Francisco, CA
- Hilary Bricken, Harris Bricken, Los Angeles, CA
- Kate Conyers, Salt Lake Legal Defenders, Salt Lake City, UT
- Heather Crabbe, Northern Kentucky University Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, KY
- Elisa D'Amico, K&L Gates LLP/Cyber Civil Rights Legal Project, Miami, FL
- Rosario Doriott Domínguez, Baker & Hostetler LLP, Denver, CO
- Marcella Ducca, Greenberg Traurig LLP, Atlanta, GA
- Bill DuFour, DuFour Conapinski LLP, Los Angeles, CA
- Wendy Huff Ellard, Baker Donelson, Jackson, MS
- John Fetters, Mills Meyers Swartling, P.S., Seattle, WA
- Amber Floyd, Wyatt Tarrant & Combs LLP, Memphis, TN
- Emily Galvin, Bronx Defenders/Partners for Justice, New York, NY
- Charles Hamilton, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, New York, NY
- Joseph Hanna, Goldberg Segalla, Buffalo, NY
- Dean Harvey, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Lacey Hofmeyer, Greenberg Traurig LLP, Miami, FL
- Jamie Hopkins, The American College of Financial Services—New York Life Center for Retirement Income, Bryn Mawr, PA
- J.P. Howard, D.C. Commission on Human Rights, Washington, DC
- Scott Lachman, Weinberg, Wheeler, Hudgins, Gunn & Dial, Las Vegas, NV
- Carla Laroche, Southern Poverty Law Center, Tallahassee, FL
- Shayda Le, Barran Liebman LLP, Portland, OR
- Michelle McLeod, US Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Washington, DC
- H. Marissa Montes, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles Immigrant Justice Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
- Joseph Neguse, Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, Denver, CO
- Irish "Ryan" Neville, Stevens & Lee, Charleston, SC
- John O'Brien, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, Philadelphia, PA
- Margaret Peloso, Vinson & Elkins LLP, Washington, DC
- James Phillips, Baker & Hostetler LLP, Houston, TX
- Ina Popova, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, New York, NY
- Raymond Ramirez, Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP, Washington, DC
- John R. Richards, Greenberg Traurig LLP, Atlanta, GA
- Vartges Saroyan, Department of Homeland Security, New York, NY
- Julia Simon-Mishel, Philadelphia Legal Assistance, Philadelphia, PA
- Imran Syed, University of Michigan Law School—Michigan Innocence Clinic, Ann Arbor, MI
- Theresa Wardon, Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell LLP, Denver, CO
- Bryant Yang, U.S. Attorney's Office, Los Angeles, CA
- Christina Zabat-Fran, ST. JOHN, Irvine, CA
With more than 400,000 members, the American Bar Association is one of the largest voluntary professional membership organizations in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law. View our privacy statement online. Follow the latest ABA news at www.americanbar.org/news and on Twitter @ABANews.