About the Program
This webinar takes you on the step by step process of what triggers the Disaster Legal Services (DLS) program, how the program is implemented, and what that looks like on the back-end. We will also take a closer look at the current federal restrictions on the DLS program in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and discuss how states can implement their own state-wide COVID-19 hotline.
Finally, we will walk you through the DLS program’s new national hotline and national pro bono portal and how to make sure your state is connected to both, focusing on the importance of pro bono throughout.
You will learn:
- How the DLS Program Runs
- When and if the DLS Program is implemented
- Federal implications of the DLS program in responding to COVID-19
- How to plug into the DLS program's national hotline and pro bono portal
- Linda Anderson Stanley, Director, ABA YLD Disaster Legal Services / Senior Manager of Disaster Programs, Equal Justice Works
- Amanda Brown, Vice Director, ABA YLD Disaster Legal Services / Founder + Executive Director, Lagniappe Law Lab
- Andrew VanSingel, Chair, ABA Standing Committee on Disaster Response and Preparedness/ Advisor, ABA YLD DLS
- Jim Sandman, Chair, ABA COVID-19 Task Force
This free online event is open to the public.