About the Program
Particularly in the midst of an unprecedented pandemic, the need for creating, and maintaining, a personal balance is vital. The statistics are staggering on depression, substance abuse and wellness in the legal industry. Even transactional attorneys, who are often incorrectly perceived as having a “low stress” work life, have higher-than-average levels of mental health and wellness issues, and need resources to be successful in improving their own well-being.
Our expert panel, comprised of both wellness professionals and attorneys with a wellness focus, will discuss these resources for fiscal, physical, and mental well-being, and their applicability to young lawyers, especially during this "new normal."
During this online event you will:
- Learn about stressors specific to young lawyers and transactional lawyers
- Hear about how your "new normal" work life may be unknowingly impacting your well-being
- Get resources for improving upon your fiscal, physical, and mental well-being
- Jamie Davis, Director of Specialty Compliance & Ethics at Walmart Stores, Inc.
- Lacy Durham, Senior Manager, Deloitte
- Jared McNealy, Program Manager, CSX Health and Wellness
- Erayna Sargent, Founder & CEO of Hooky Wellness
- Sam Wantland, General Counsel & Special Assets Officer, First Farmers
- The ABA YLD Business Law Committee
- The ABA YLD Health Law Committee
- The ABA Business Law Section Young Lawyer Committee
This free online event is open to the public. Recorded on April 29, 2020.