About the Program
We asked. You answered. Join the ABA Young Lawyers Division and ABA Practice Forward working group to take the next steps in reimagining the legal profession post-pandemic.
The profound effect of the COVID-19 pandemic has reached all corners of the legal profession. Lawyers are overwhelmed with personal and professional concerns. However, the breadth of the impact has not been distributed equally, with young lawyers, women, and lawyers of color being disproportionately affected. Pandemic disruption has disproportionately exacerbated existing stressors, compounded workplace barriers, created imbalance, and produced new stressors.
As the legal profession confronts a “new normal” it faces a unique opportunity to reimagine itself and welcome changes to enrich the personal and professional lives of lawyers, especially younger lawyers, women lawyers, and lawyers of color.
During this interactive event we will:
- Review the findings of Practice Forward Survey Report and related ABA initiatives.
- Participate in facilitated small group discussions to share ideas for resources and tools you would find helpful as we return to work post pandemic.
This event is scheduled to run 75 minutes.
Practice Forward Survey
Learn about the experiences and needs of lawyers during the pandemic and best practices for lawyers and legal employers as as the worldwide health crisis winds down in the Survey of Pandemic and Post-Pandemic Law Practice, produced by the ABA Practice Forward initiative.
- Patricia Lee Refo, President, American Bar Association
- Laura Farber, Co-Chair, ABA Steering Committee on Practice Forward
- Bill Bay, Co-Chair, ABA Steering Committee on Practice Forward
- Christopher Brown, Chair, ABA Young Lawyers Division
- Choi Portis, Chair-Elect, ABA Young Lawyers Division