About the Webinar
The entertainment and sports law industries have been notably lagging when it comes diversity. Such movements as “#oscarssowhite,” have revealed a lack of diversity and inclusion within Hollywood. However, the lack of diversity extends beyond the categories of the Oscars and to those behind the scenes, including agents, managers, publicists, financial advisors, and especially attorneys. Experienced and young lawyers of color must face a myriad of hurdles when navigating a predominantly non-diverse legal field.
During the program, panelists will:
- Speak about their own experiences about dealing with the microaggressions, misconceptions, and biased comments that attorneys of color must deal with while navigating these traditionally non-diverse legal industries.
- Provide advice on how to approach these types of behaviors as a young lawyer and a seasoned attorney.
- Share practical tips on how to navigate non-diverse legal industries, using the entertainment and sports law fields as a case study.
- Jaia Thomas, Sports and Entertainment Attorney, Diverse Representation
- Kaleisha Stuart, Associate Counsel, Dallas Cowboys Football Club
- Inez Morales, Director of Business Affairs, Sony Pictures Television
- Chardae Davis, Vice Chair. YLD Entertainment and Sports Committee
- YLD Entertainment and Sports Committee
This free online event is open to the public. The replay is available only to ABA Members.