This panel focuses on the unique experiences of Latinx lawyers who are undocumented and DACA recipients. Attendees will hear about what led the panelists to pursue a legal career, and how they have used their knowledge to challenge current immigration laws and policies. Panelists will also discuss their legal work, the importance of programs like DACA, and how young lawyers can get involved.
- Betty Balli Torres, Executive Director, Texas Access to Justice Foundation and Chair, ABA Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights & Responsibilities
- Jose Magaña-Salgado, Founder, Masa Group
- Cristel S. Martinez, Attorney, Law Offices of Martinez, Nguyen, & Magaña
- Pedro Villalobos. Assistant District Attorney, Travis County, TX
- Nubia Willman, Founder, Latinas Uprising