About the Program
Ignite your practice with E-2s. From screening to filing, you will get the tools needed to add a new skill to your law firm.
Often overlooked, E-2s are a great option for many foreign nationals eager to work and invest in the United States. Financially accessible to many, E-2s can encompass most business activities. While there is “no direct” path to a green card, E-2s may be renewed indefinitely.
During this program you will learn to:
- Screen for basic eligibility (nationality)
- Screen for specific eligibility (business concept, investment amount, eligible expenses)
- Spot weak cases
- Who needs to be involved and how (business attorney, accountant, business plan writer, etc.)
- Pace your client through the process
- Prepare your case
- Prepare your client for the interview
- Spot major issues for renewal
- Estelle Berenbaum, Berenbaum, P.A. Law Firm, Miami, FL
- Sarah Brunet, Law Office of Sarah Brunet, Los Angeles, CA
- John Khosravi, The JQK Law Firm, Los Angeles, CA
- Brittany Thomas Faith, Grant Konvalinka & Harrison, P.C., Chattanooga, TN
- The YLD Immigration and Naturalization Law Committee
This free online event is open to the public. The replay is available only to ABA Members. Originally record May 20, 2020.