In response to national discussions surrounding racial injustice, inequality, and police brutality, the Young Lawyers Section of the Chicago Bar Association has convened a coalition that will promote social justice by channeling the voices, skills, and support of younger attorneys to work toward the implementation of meaningful change and reform.
The Racial Justice Coalition was formed with the purpose of collaborating with leading forces in the Chicagoland legal community to take action against racial injustice through service programs, educational events, and community engagement. The Coalition held its first meeting on June 25th via Zoom, and the initiative already has investment from 25 diverse bar associations and legal advocacy groups.
Join us to learn more about the creation of the Racial Justice Coalition and to get tips on how other local bar associations can create their own coalition.
- Esther Hyun, Associate, WNS Denali
- Chastidy Burns, Assistant Public Defender at Law Office of the Cook County Public Defender
- Martin Gould, Attorney at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC
- Kenneth Matuszewski, Associate Counsel at Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP
- Affiliate Assistance Team
- Diversity and Inclusion Team