About This Episode
For young lawyers looking to start and build their career, there are several key factors to consider. From finding an area of law that interests you, to seeking out opportunities to gain experience, build your network, and grow professionally, the start of your legal career can be challenging.
In this episode of Young Lawyer Rising, special guest Tracey Lesetar-Smith joins the show to discuss ways young lawyers can build momentum in their careers, hone their legal skills, take risks, and explore new opportunities as they navigate their career path. Tracey explains how with dedication, hard work, and a bit of luck, young lawyers can build fulfilling and rewarding careers in the legal profession.
Tracey Lesetar-Smith is a longtime senior sports, entertainment, and government affairs executive with over 20 years of experience. She is the former General Counsel and Senior Vice President of NASCAR, as well as the former General Counsel and Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs for Bellator MMA.
Special thanks to our sponsor Embroker.
More from Tracey Lesetar-Smith
- How to Think Like a Lawyer
- How I Became a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Attorney
- 6 Rules for Those Making the Jump to In-House Counsel
- Incorporating Interpersonal Skills in Everyday Law Practice
- The Client in the Next Office
- The Importance of Asking "Why?"
- Get Into the Big Client Meetings and Important Hearings
- Some Advice for the New or Soon-to-Be New Lawyer
- Top Tips for Young Lawyers: How to Survive and Thrive in Your Legal Career
- ABA Young Lawyers Division
- ABA Career Center