It is important that lawyers find their voice and play a role in advancing social movements. In every U.S. state, there are ongoing grassroots-led campaigns to address mass incarceration and police accountability, protect LGBTQIA rights, create a right to adequate housing, shelter, clean water and air, create living-wage policies, ensure a comprehensive and humane immigration policy, and protect against the deterioration of the social safety net, among many other issues. Lawyers are in a unique position to amplify the voices of activists and support social movements.
- Jennifer Ching, Executive Director, North Star Fund
- Cait De Mott Grady, Staff Attorney, Neighborhood Defender Service
- Tonya Phillips, Director of Community Partnerships & Development, Sugar Law Center
- Avatara Smith-Carrington, Attorney and Tyron Garner Law Fellow, Lambda Legal
- Britney Wilson, Associate Professor of Law & Director of Civil Rights, Disability Justice Clinic