Are you interested in running for office? Interested in effecting change at the state or local level? As we have seen from the 2022 midterm elections, millennials and Gen Z are uniquely positioned to have an impact on elections and shaping their futures. With their education and legal background young lawyers are even more uniquely positioned to effect change.
Join our panel of elected official for tips and advice on:
- Getting involved in state and local government.
- Using your legal background and education to prepare for an elected position.
- Running for office while balancing your legal career.
- Pivoting from your legal career to run for office.
- Lessons learned from running for office as a young lawyer.
Note: The content of this program does not meet requirements for continuing legal education (CLE) accreditation. You will not receive CLE credit for participating.
- Mujtaba Mohammed; State Senator, North Carolina General Assembly & Assistant Public Defender, Mecklenburg County
- Terry Brown, Jr., State Representative , North Carolina General Assembly & Associate, Buchannan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Aftab Pureval, Mayor, Cincinnati, OH
- Jonathan Bogues, Associate, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP