About the Program
Are you a bar leader looking to foster an environment of inclusion? Looking to diversify your bar association leadership roster? While studies demonstrate that diverse leadership offers an enriched experience for membership through offering a broad perspective and increased sense of belonging, many bar associations continue to struggle with retaining historically underrepresented attorneys as leaders.
During this session we'll discuss how to develop and implement meaningful diversity, equity, and inclusion plans within your bar association, with an emphasis on inclusion. We'll also discuss how to promote DE&I, engage in critical dialogue, and create inclusive leadership.
The How & Why of DE&I Series
This program is the final program of a four-part series, which focuses on the “how and why” of inclusion within the legal profession.
- Implementing an Inclusion Plan in Corporations
- Implementing an Inclusion Plan in Law Firms
- Implementing an Inclusion Plan in Law Schools
- Implementing an Inclusion Plan in Bar Associations
- Larissa Mañón Mervin, Supervising Attorney, Legal Aid of North Carolina, Inc.
- Jerome Crawford, Director of Legal Operations and Social Equity, Pleasantrees
- Collins Saint, Associate, Brooks Pierce
- Jess Waltman, Associate, Davis & Crump, P.C.
- Bria Kemp, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Marion County Prosecutor’s Office (Indianapolis, IN)
- Shenique Moss, Director of Compliance, Michigan Department of Civil Rights
- YLD Diversity and Inclusion and Team