All nominees must be approved by a branch point-of-contact.
Nominations will be evaluated based on a narrative description of professional accomplishments, service to the community, leadership, and development of subordinates. Please also note the following criteria:
- Nominees must be active duty officers under the age of 36, or first admitted to practice by his or her bar association within the past 5 years. Nominees are NOT required to be members of the ABA; however, nominees cannot have been previous Outstanding Young Military Lawyer Award (OYMLA) recipients.
- All nominees must be approved by their branch’s point of contact (POC). Please make every effort to obtain approval of the nominee ahead of submitting your nomination. The POCs for each branch are:
- Nominations must be submitted by a licensed attorney.
- Deadline is April 15, 2021.
- Nominations must be submitted by way of the form.
- You can find a preview of the Nomination Form here.
- Nominations shall encompass all service to date. Additional endorsements, attachments, or supporting documents are not required and will not be considered. Avoid using acronyms, but if unavoidable, spell out the acronym when first used.
- Nominations will be evaluated based on a narrative description of professional accomplishments, service to the community, leadership, and development of subordinates.
Questions concerning the award or the nomination process can be directed to: