The request to accept or extend an invitation should be submitted at least 75 days prior to the scheduled presentation via the online form.
Approval of internal co-sponsorships (ABA entities) can take up to five business days.
Approval of external co-sponsorships (non-ABA entities) can take up to 15 business days.
The YLD considers the following when reviewing co-sponsorship invitations:
1. Diversity and Inclusion
Programs should to meet the aspirations of Goal III by having the faculty include members of diverse groups as defined by Goal III (race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability).
- Individual programs with 3-4 faculty require at least 1 diverse member.
- Individual programs with 5-8 faculty require at least 2 diverse members.
- Individual programs with 9+ faculty require at least 3 diverse members.
2. Young Lawyer Representation
- Individual programs with 3-4 faculty should have at least 1 young lawyer member as a presenter.
- Individual programs with 5-8 faculty should have at least 2 young lawyer members as presenters.
- Individual programs with 9+ faculty should have at least 3 young lawyer members as presenters.
A “Young Lawyer Member” is a member of the ABA Young Lawyer Division in good standing. To be eligible for YLD membership, the person must be "a lawyer who has been admitted to practice in his or her first bar within the past five years or is less than thirty-six years old.”
3. Scheduling Conflicts
4. Funding Requirements
Please contact Tracy Kaempf with questions (email@example.com / 312-988-6235).