Becoming an affiliate of the ABA YLD is a simple process that can be accomplished in a short amount of time. The benefits of affiliating are substantial and long lasting. Benefits include the following:
- Eligibility to receive a portion of subgrant funds awarded for public and member service projects each year by the YLD to its affiliates.
- Reimbursement of $100 per day for two days for up to three representatives of your organization who attend the YLD's Fall or Spring Conference.
- Free assistance from the YLD's Affiliate Assistance Team.
- Potential recognition and awards for your organization and for your outstanding public and member service projects, minority projects, and newsletters.
- How to guides and instructional material on managing a young lawyer organization.
- The opportunity to network, obtain assistance, and share information with leaders of some of the YLD's over three hundred young lawyer affiliates.
To be an affiliate, seventy-five percent or more of the organization's membership must be attorneys who have been admitted to their first bar within the past 10 years. To apply for affiliation, please download the Guide to Affiliating with the ABA YLD and follow the instructions contained therein.
Any questions about the affiliation process should be directed to the Director of the Affiliate Assistance Team, Josephine Bahn.