Thursday, June 18
Today’s new attorneys are faced with many different types of legal writing challenges, some formal and some less so, but all important to a young lawyer’s career and professional image. Get takeaways that can be applied easily and immediately. This session gives helpful tips to cover these varying contexts:
- Brief and memo drafting;
- More transient communications -- organizational and etiquette tips for quicker written exchanges as they occur in legal practice;
- Writing about one-self (how to present oneself for resumes and social networking purposes).
This free online event (non-CLE) is open to the public.
- Lavanya Sabin, Director, Bar Review Program Strategy, MEE/MPT Content Development, AccessLex Institute
- Aris Hanchard Ferguson, General Counsel, Housing Authority of the City of Charleston
- Benjamin M. Woodring, Attorney, MoloLamken LLP
Last year, the US Supreme Court heard three cases that could remove current protections LGBTQ people have in the workplace. On Monday, the Court issued its opinion and affirmed non-discrimination protections for the LGBTQ community.
This webinar analyzes these landmark rulings, what it means for LGBTQ+ individuals, and what impact these decisions will have on other areas of law.
- Chai R. Feldblum, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Louis Lopez, Associate Special Counsel, U.S. Office of Special Counsel
- Carmelyn P. Malalis, Chair and Commissioner, New York City Commission on Human Rights
- Shannon Minter, Legal Director, National Center for Lesbian Rights
- ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice
- ABA Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
Do you need help with your presentations, in or out of the court? Public speaking is a skill that can be learned, just like any other skill such as writing, playing an instrument, a sport, or being a chef. In this quick and timely program, this session will provide you with basic and advanced techniques. Faith Pincus, author of Being Heard: Presentation Skills for Attorneys, will consolidate the most helpful and effective tips of the trade for you to become a better public speaker.