2019 Honorees Announced
Congratulations to the 2019 On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers honorees!
The nomination period for 2020 will open on December 1, 2019.
About The Award
The On The Rise Award program provides national recognition for ABA young lawyer members who exemplify a broad range of high achievement, innovation, vision, leadership, and legal and community service.
- The Nominee is a member of the American Bar Association in good standing.
- The Nominee is a licensed attorney in the U.S. or one of its territories.
- The Nominee is 36 years of age or younger OR the Nominee received their first license within the last 5 years.
- Past honorees are not eligible.
- Self-nominating is not allowed.
Nomination Process and Notification
- Nominations must be submitted via the online nomination form by March 1 of each year. We recommend drafting the statement in Word and then copying and pasting it into the nomination form (limit 10,000 characters including spaces).
- Nominees may also be asked for additional information during the selection process, if deemed necessary.
The selection committee comprises of attorneys from various practicing settings.
On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers Honorees will receive national recognition in ABA print publications, online and via social media.
Please email your questions to Tracy Kaempf.