The nomination period for the ABA’s 2019 "On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers" Award program is now open. The Award program provides national recognition for ABA young lawyer members who exemplify a broad range of high achievement, innovation, vision, leadership, and legal and community service.
- The Nominee is a member of the American Bar Association in good standing.
- The Nominee is a licensed attorney in the U.S. or one of its territories.
- The Nominee is 36 years of age or younger on August 30, 2019 OR the Nominee received their license within the last 5 years (2014 or later).
Nomination Process and Notification
- Nominations must be submitted via the online nomination form by March 1, 2019. We recommend drafting the statement in Word and then copying and pasting it into the nomination form (limit 10,000 characters including spaces).
- Self-nominating is not allowed.
- After the nomination deadline has passed, Nominees will receive an email notification of their nomination that includes the name(s) of the individual(s) who nominated them.
- Nominees may also be asked for additional information during the selection process, if deemed necessary.
- Honorees will be notified by June 2019.
The selection committee comprises of attorneys from various practicing settings.
The 2019 “On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers” Honorees will receive national recognition in ABA print publications, online and via social media.
Please email your questions to Tracy Kaempf