The declaration window for 2023-2024 elections closed on Friday, May 5, 2023. There were no offices for election that had contested races. All candidates compliant with election guidelines and YLD Bylaws has taken office in accordance with Division governing documents.
The ABA Young Lawyers Division elected its officers and other representatives at the 2023 Annual Meeting, in Denver, CO., from August 2 to 8, 2023. The officers and representatives elected include:
- YLD Secretary (Division Chair-line): Brandon Riches (Mississippi)
- YLD Clerk (Division Speaker-line): Patrick Morris (Tennessee)
- One YLD Representative to the ABA House of Delegates (3-year term): Rich Rivera (Florida)
- One YLD Nominee to the ABA Board of Governors (3-year term if elected in 2024 by House of Delegates): Abre' Conner (California)
- YLD Representative to the ABA Nominating Committee: Jo Bahn (District of Columbia)
The applicable bylaws and guidelines relating to eligibility and nomination are available from the Secretary, or on the Division’s website. For more information, please contact the 2023-2024 Secretary, Brandon Riches at [email protected].
The 2023-2024 Elections Notice will be posted at a later date.