Thank you for your interest in affiliating with the American Bar Association Young Lawyers (“ABA YLD”).
By affiliating with the ABA YLD your organization will reap many benefits, all at no cost to you, including:
- Affiliate Assistance Team: The Affiliate Assistance Team is made up of experienced young lawyer bar leaders who are dedicated to helping affiliates requesting assistance via telephone consultations, on‐site assistance (when appropriate), and written materials.
- Subgrants: Each year the ABA YLD issues subgrants to affiliate bar associations to aid in public and member service driven initiatives to qualifying affiliate projects. Funding priority is given to affiliates wishing to develop and implement programs providing unavailable law‐related services to the public or programs proposing an innovative approach to filling a significant public need. Priority is also given to new affiliates and affiliates with smaller budgets.
- Regional Summits: Regional meetings or conferences organized and executed by Affiliates. The purpose of a Regional Summit is to promote and develop growth, education, leadership among Affiliates and Affiliate Leaders to carry out more collaboratively their service of leadership and to foster a cooperative spirit and information sharing between the YLD, Affiliates and other young lawyer groups.
- National Conferences: YLD national conferences and the ABA Midyear Meeting we provide practical “how‐to” information on public service projects, bar leadership training, and professional development programming. At all meetings, if there is a need affiliates, can apply for a scholarship. At specified YLD meetings District Representatives that serve on council are eligible for a reimbursement (possibly up to $570), to help offset some of the travel costs.
- Awards and Recognition: The ABA YLD’s Awards of Achievement Competition provides national recognition to affiliates for their outstanding programs. It also offers them an opportunity to have their programs adopted by other organizations.