Where to Apply
All spring subgrant applications, including your project narrative and budget, must be submitted through this form (opens Jan. 1, 2024).
About the Program
Subgrants are awarded annually by the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (YLD), with support from the ABA Fund for Justice and Education. The program is designed to promote quality projects developed by affiliated young lawyer organizations and to assist in the success of the program by providing support through program funding for the following two categories:
- Public Service Project
- Bar Leadership/Membership Service Project
Public Service Awards will not exceed $1,000 per subgrant and Member Service Awards will not exceed $500 per subgrant.
Successful proposals include the following:
- Well-defined and achievable goals
- Specific measures of success
- Collaboration with minority bar associations and/or senior bar associations
- Inclusion of underrepresented or diverse minority groups
- Original and unique project activities
- Projects that can be replicated by other Affiliates
Additionally, priority will be given to projects that provide law-related service to the public, which help meet an otherwise unmet need.