TIPS is the ABA’s home for emerging issues and technologies in tort, trial and insurance law. A TIPS membership offers you tools that will enable you to network with others to develop your business, increase your exposure to issues of interest to the insurance industry, and enhance your legal skills.
Don't Miss These TIPS Member Benefits!
1. Insurance & ADR Committees: As a TIPS member you are eligible for membership in over 30 Substantive Law Committees. About a dozen of the TIPS Committees, including the following, specialize in insurance and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) issues:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution;
- Excess, Surplus Lines and Reinsurance;
- Fidelity and Surety Law;
- Health and Disability Insurance Law;
- Insurance Coverage Litigation;
- Insurance Regulation;
- Life Insurance Law;
- Professionals, Officers and Directors Liability;
- Property Insurance Law;
- Self Insurers and Risk Managers; and
- Title Insurance Litigation.
2. Networking: As a TIPS member you can take advantage of a variety of career development and enrichment programs, CLE programming and networking events that will enable to you interact with in-house counsel and outside counsel from insurance and reinsurance companies and trade organizations.
3. Speeches & Publications: As a TIPS member you can further increase your exposure to potential clients by seeking out publication opportunities and speaking engagements with the Substantive Law Committees, at TIPS section meetings and at the ABA annual meeting.
4. Discounts: As a TIPS member you receive discounts on CLE programs and publications. You receive complimentary subscriptions to The Brief; Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal; and TortSource -- three periodicals addressing developing and emerging issues in Tort, Trial and Insurance Law.
5. Scholarship Fund: TIPS members who qualify may receive funding to attend TIPS meeting and programs. Learn more!
Don’t miss out on these and other valuable member benefits. Join TIPS today, or call the ABA Service Center at 1-800-285-2221 with any questions.