International Conference on Taxpayer Rights
Washington, DC • November 18-19, 2015
The National Taxpayer Advocate of the Internal Revenue Service is convening the Inaugural International Conference on Taxpayer Rights in Washington, D.C.
This ground-breaking conference will present panelists from around the world to explore how taxpayer rights globally serve as the foundation for effective tax administration. Presentations by government officials, scholars, and practitioners will include:
- The theory, principles, and sources of authority underlying taxpayer rights;
- The role of transparency in promoting voluntary compliance;
- The rights to confidentiality and privacy in an age of transparency;
- The role of tax tribunals in protecting taxpayer rights;
- Taxpayer protections and due process in tax assessment and collection;
- The impact of taxpayer service on compliance;
- The role of taxpayer advocates, defenders, and ombuds in protecting taxpayer rights and promoting voluntary compliance;
- The challenges in "operationalizing" taxpayer rights in both mature and developing tax administrations.
For more information and to register: www.taxpayerrightsconference.com
Questions? Email email@example.com
This conference is co-sponsored by the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, the American College of Tax Counsel, the American Tax Policy Institute, the International Association of Tax Judges, and the International Fiscal Association – USA Branch.
Tax Analysts is the publishing sponsor of the conference.