Until August 2015, the NewsQuarterly was published four times a year to report on developments pertaining to taxation, Section news and meeting updates, and other information of professional interest to Tax Section members. Archived issues are available to the public and can be accessed using the links below. Beginning in the fall 2015, the NewsQuarterly has been renamed ABA Tax Times. ABA Tax Times is a digital-only publication. Like the NewsQuarterly before it, ABA Tax Times will report on tax developments and Section news, and the new, enhanced format will also include links to cited source material and other information, as well as audio and video clips for related content.
Selected articles from each NewsQuarterly (listed below) are withheld for viewing only by members of the Section of Taxation. To view these articles, please log in to the ABA website with your ABA Member ID number and password.
- Do Treasury and the Service Have to Explain Their Choices?
- The Service Traces Clearer Definitions in the Proposed Regulations on "Publicly Traded" Debt Instruments
- Is Your Client Planning to Expatriate? Why the HEART Act May Cause a Change of Heart
- Mayo v. United States: Treasury Earns Chevron Deference
- The Time for Tax Reform Is Now
To see an article, click on its name in the list. All of the NewsQuarterly documents are provided exclusively in Adobe Acrobat format; the free Acrobat Reader is required for viewing. If you encounter problems, please upgrade to the latest version of the Reader.