Sponsored by The Tax Lawyer and the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law Tax Program
To be held June 16, 2023, at the Northwestern Law School campus in Chicago.
Seven lead authors will each participate in a 30-minute panel discussion concerning the subject of the author’s article for publication in The Tax Lawyer. Each author will be joined by one or two other tax professionals, from private practice, state government, and academia, for a robust discussion of the topic. Featured presenters include:
- Prof. Hayes Holderness, University of Richmond School of Law
- Prof. Michelle Layser, University of San Diego School of Law
- Prof. Francine Lipman, UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law
- Prof. Erin Scharff, Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- Prof. Darien Shanske, UC Davis School of Law
- Prof. Kirk Stark, UCLA School of Law
- Prof. Adam Thimmesch, University of Nebraska College of Law
The presentations will be followed by a luncheon and keynote address by two distinguished tax court judges, the Hon. Robert Manicke and the Hon. Martha Wentworth. After lunch, the authors, commenters, keynote speakers, and attendees will break into two smaller sections for a discussion regarding the instruction of SALT in law school J.D. and L.L.M. curricula, with the goal of promoting SALT teaching, programming, and career building at educational institutions.
Registration is free and is available here: https://www.law.northwestern.edu/research-faculty/events/conferences/tax/.