Section Staff and Contact Information
American Bar Association - Section of Taxation
1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: (202) 662-8670 | Fax: (202) 662-8682
ABA Customer Service Center: (800) 285-2221
Hotel sourcing, budgets, contracts, overview of all meetings
Meeting planning, logistics, vendor sourcing, Section Meetings
Senior Meeting Planner
Meeting logistics, conference billing, audio-visual logistics, standalone meetings
Oversees Section publishing including periodicals and books
Senior Publishing Specialist
Manages production and marketing of ABA Tax Times and other publications
Publishing and Technology Specialist
Manages CLE materials and supports The Tax Lawyer, ABA Tax Times, and other publications
Director, Membership & Marketing
Membership and marketing materials
Meeting exhibitors, sponsorships administration
CLE meetings, conferences, and webinars
Senior Educational Program Specialist
Meeting program, spotlights, CLE and webinar administration
Section comments & policy positions, LITC and Pro Bono initiatives, Committee issues
Committee operations, Bluebook, awards and fellowships, government and member outreach
Finances, reimbursements, government speakers
Website, Tax Connect, meeting app, mailing lists
About the Section
The mission of the ABA Section of Taxation is to serve our members and the public by providing education about taxes and tax systems, and by providing leadership to support the development of an equitable, efficient and workable tax system.
- To promote diversity and inclusion in the tax profession.
- To serve as the national representative of the legal profession with regard to the tax system.
- To improve public understanding of, confidence in, and respect for, the tax system.
- To provide leadership in simplifying and improving the tax system.
- To provide unbiased, thoughtful and timely input into the legislative and administrative process.
- To promote and maintain an active, vigorous, growing and interested Section membership.
- To provide programs and services of unique quality which promote professionalism, competence and ethical conduct.
- To provide a national forum for communication among Section members and interchange with the public sector.
Our Current Officers & Council Members
View our current Officers & Council members here.
Last updated July 2019.