Who We Are
The Women in Tax Forum was founded at the end of 2019 by Joan Arnold, Chair, ABA Section of Taxation (2020-2021), and Heather Fincher with a vision that every member be connected in community, flourishing as tax professionals, and thriving as leaders. Our new community officially launched in January 2020 under founding Leadership Board members Heather Fincher, Lauren Azebu, Brie Siciliano, and Sarah Ma.
Our mission is to empower, support, and celebrate women to build powerful tax careers and lives that we love by creating events centered around three pillars:
- Community – We’re committed to creating a safe space to connect, challenge, and encourage one another to be our absolute best, in our tax careers and all of life.
- Professional Development – We provide opportunities to level up our skills and learn from other successful tax professionals and experts.
- Leadership – We empower and support one another to lead in our own style, even if that style may differ from other traditional styles of leadership.
Event highlights from 2020-2021 include:
- Monthly Zoom Teas where we connect with leading women in tax who share stories of success, challenges and growth during a 45-minute “tea” live via Zoom;
- ABA Conference events including a networking event called “Community and Conversation,” an interactive keynote entitled “The Power of Owning Your Value,” and a panel centered around “The Power of Collaborative Leadership;”
- A six-week wellness and meditation series focused on authentic leadership;
- Law student outreach events highlighting various careers in tax. View the “Careers in Public Interest” recording here.
- A hot topic virtual panel, “Effectuating Positive Change Through Allyship.” View a highlights video here.