Careers in Tax Panels
The Women in Tax Forum has held two panels on Careers in Tax. A playlist of the recordings is below.
The most recent panel was held on Friday, February 19, 2021. With a focus on careers in the public sector, this diverse panel of practitioners provided insight into their careers, advice for how law students may pursue a career in tax, and shared ideas on how to make tax more inclusive.
The panel was moderated by Nina E. Olson, former United States Taxpayer Advocate and current Executive Director of the Center for Taxpayer Rights. Panelists included:
- Mary M. Gillum, Director of the Legal Aid Society’s Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- Tameka Lester, Clinical Associate Professor of Law at Georgia State University College of Law
- Susan Morgenstern, Acting Supervisory Attorney for the National Taxpayer Advocate’s Attorney Advisory Group
- Anita Soucy, Chief Quality Officer of Deloitte Tax LLP and Deputy Chief Risk Officer of Deloitte LLP
- Christine Speidel, Assistant Professor and Director of the Federal Tax Clinic at Villanova University’s Charles Widger School of Law