About the Committee
Thank you for visiting the home page of the Teaching Taxation Committee. Our Committee does not have substantive jurisdiction, but we are involved in a variety of projects. Among other activities, we put on programs on a diverse range of issues at the Section's three meetings during the year, write and submit comment projects (especially where the project does not neatly fall within a single area of substantive committee jurisdiction), and act as a bridge between the Section and law students interested in tax practice.
Our programs are designed to interest both professors and practitioners, including young lawyers. The Committee welcomes full-time tax professors, adjunct tax professors, and anyone else interested in our activities. Please join us at our meetings and consider joining the Committee.
Law Student Competitions
- Tannenwald Writing Competition
- ABA Tax Section Law Student Tax Challenge
- Federal Bar Association Writing Contest
- Mary Moers Wenig Student Writing Competition (ACTEC)
- Paul Faherty Writing Competition
- Mugel National Tax Moot Court Competition
- IFA USA Branch Writing Competition
- Tax Analysts Writing Competition