Finalists and Winners
The LSTC is a national tax planning and client-counseling competition designed to more closely reflect everyday tax practice than traditional moot court competitions. The semi-final and final rounds of the 2006 LSTC took place in January of 2006 in Hollywood, Florida during the Section of Taxation Midyear Meeting.
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2006 Law Student Tax Challenge:
J.D. Division Results
- The 1st Place Team was Jason Maus and Julie Ann Camden of Michigan State University Law School.
- The 2nd Place Team was Sarah Pendergraft and Jason McIntosh of University of Virginia School of Law.
- The 3rd Place Team was Jody Beilke and Martha Krohe of Northern Illinois University College of Law.
- The Best Written Submission was by Joseph Myszka and Bonnie Wright of University of Santa Clara University School of Law.
The J.D. semi-finalists were:
- Matthew Kelley and Vikram Purewal, Western New England Law School
- Mark Hammond and Kathryn Walker, Cumberland School of Law
- Joseph Myszka and Bonnie Wright, Santa Clara University School of Law
LL.M. Division Results
- The 1st Place Team was Matt McNeill and Stacey Olson of Loyola Law School.
- The 2nd Place Team was Megan Stombock and James Saling, Georgetown University Law Center..
- The Best Written Submission was by Matt McNeill and Stacey Olson of Loyola Law School.
The LL.M. semi-finalists were:
- Emerson DuBois and Alex Pederson, Golden Gate University.
- Steven Chung and Melissa Davis, Loyola Law School.