Finalists and Winners
The LSTC is a national tax planning and client-counseling competition designed to more closely reflect everyday tax practice than traditional moot court competitions. The semi-final and final rounds of the 2006-2007 LSTC took place in January of 2006 in Hollywood, Florida during the Section of Taxation Midyear Meeting.
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2006-2007 Law Student Tax Challenge:
J.D. Division Results
- The 1st Place Team was Jason Maus and Julie Ann Camden of Michigan State University Law School.
- The 2nd Place Team was Sarah Pendergraft and Jason McIntosh of University of Virginia School of Law.
- The 3rd Place Team was Jody Beilke and Martha Krohe of Northern Illinois University College of Law.
- The Best Written Submission was by Joseph Myszka and Bonnie Wright of University of Santa Clara University School of Law.
The J.D. semi-finalists were:
- Matthew Kelley and Vikram Purewal, Western New England Law School
- Mark Hammond and Kathryn Walker, Cumberland School of Law
- Joseph Myszka and Bonnie Wright, Santa Clara University School of Law
LL.M. Division Results
- The 1st Place Team was Matt McNeill and Stacey Olson of Loyola Law School.
- The 2nd Place Team was Megan Stombock and James Saling, Georgetown University Law Center..
- The Best Written Submission was by Matt McNeill and Stacey Olson of Loyola Law School.
The LL.M. semi-finalists were:
- Emerson DuBois and Alex Pederson, Golden Gate University.
- Steven Chung and Melissa Davis, Loyola Law School.