ABA Section of Taxation Law Student Tax Challenge
An alternative to traditional moot court competitions, the Law Student Tax Challenge asks two-person teams of students to solve a cutting-edge and complex business problem that might arise in everyday tax practice.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the 2017-18 Law Student Tax Challenge problem release date has been pushed back to Thursday, September 7th, 2017. The submission deadline has also been updated to allow for an additional 2 days. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
- Problem Release Date: Thursday, September 7, 2017, by or before 5 p.m. EST
- Submission Deadline: Monday, November 6, 2017, by or before 5 p.m. EST
- Notification of Semi-Finalists and Finalists: Friday, December 15, 2017
- Semi-Final and Final Oral Defense Rounds: Friday, February 9th, 2018 in San Diego, CA
Join the listserv to stay up-to-date on all competition news. Competition updates will be communicated via listserv email and posted here.
To join the LSTC listserv:
- Log into your ABA account from the ABA Tax Section Homepage
- Click on "myABA"
- Under "Communications" on the left hand banner, click "Communications Preferences"
- Click "View Additional Lists"
- Scroll down and check "ABATax Law Student Tax Challenge" under the Section of Taxation
For all questions related to the LSTC or the ABA Tax Section, please contact email@example.com.