- To promote diversity and inclusion in the tax profession.
- To serve as the national representative of the legal profession with regard to the tax system.
- To improve public understanding of, confidence in, and respect for, the tax system.
- To provide leadership in simplifying and improving the tax system.
- To provide unbiased, thoughtful and timely input into the legislative and administrative process.
- To promote and maintain an active, vigorous, growing and interested Section membership.
- To provide programs and services of unique quality which promote professionalism, competence and ethical conduct.
- To provide a national forum for communication among Section members and interchange with the public sector.