Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Internet Crime Complaint Center
- Email: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
- The IC3 accepts online Internet Crime Complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the Complainant. This website processes complaints and may refer them to federal, state, local or international law enforcement or regulatory agencies for possible investigation.
The United States Dept. of Justice
- Email: https://www.justice.gov/fraudtaskforce
- This Task Force work extends to bank fraud, mortgage fraud, and other loan fraud and discrimination; securities and commodities fraud; retirement plan fraud; mail and wire fraud; tax crimes; money laundering; False Claims Act violations; and unfair competition.
Federal Trade Commission
- Email: https://www.ftc.gov/
- The FTC enforces federal consumer protection laws that prevent fraud, deception, and unfair business practices. The Commission also enforces federal antitrust laws that prohibit anticompetitive mergers and other business practices that could lead to higher prices, fewer choices, or less innovation.
- Phone: Regions and Offices
- E-mail: ttps://www.canb.uscourts.gov/faq/general-bankruptcy/who-do-i-notify-about-possible-fraudulent-activity-bankruptcy-case
- It is a national program that promotes the integrity and efficiency of the litigation/enforcement authorities whose mission is to promote the bankruptcy system for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Commodities, Investment and Securities Fraud
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC): Center for Complaints and Enforcement Tips
- Email: https://www.sec.gov/tcr
- Phone: (800) 732-0330
- You can file a complaint or provide the SEC with tips on potential securities law violations though the links on their page.
U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Online Form: www.cftc.gov/TipOrComplaint
- Phone: (866) 366-2382 (Consumer Hotline) (202) 418-5514 (TTY)
- If you have questions, are aware of suspicious activities, or believe you have experienced commodity futures trading, commodity options trading or foreign currency trading (forex) fraud, please let the CFTC know immediately.
Mass Marketing/Telemarketing Fraud
- Email: https://www.ftc.gov/
- Phone: 1 (877) FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)
- Online Form: Mass Marketing Fraud Complaint Form
- If you have a complaint about any type of consumer fraud, including any type of mass-marketing fraud, you can file a complaint through a toll-free Consumer Help Line, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or online with the Federal Trade Commission.
Mortgage Fraud or Loan Scams
- Email: www.fbi.gov/contactus.htm
- Online Tips: FBI Tips and Public Leads Form
- To file a complaint with the FBI, contact the nearest FBI field office. Locations are listed https://tips.fbi.gov/ or for major cases, you can also report information by calling toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
- Email: https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-central
- The IRS has joined with representatives of the software industry, tax preparation firms, payroll and tax financial product processors and state tax administrators to combat identity theft refund fraud to protect the nation's taxpayers.
Social Security Fraud
- Phone: (800) 269-0271 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Online Form: https://oig.ssa.gov/report-fraud-waste-or-abuse/fraud-waste-and-abuse
- The SSA National Fraud Hotline provides an avenue for individuals to report fraud, waste, and abuse within SSA programs and operations. Additionally, the misuse of a Social Security number can also be reported.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
For noncompliance with tax laws:
- Form: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf
- Mail: Internal Revenue Service, Fresno, CA 93888
For abusive tax promotions and/or promoters:
- Form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f14242.pdf
- Mail: Internal Revenue Service Lead Development Center Stop MS5040 24000 Avila Road Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
- Fax: (949) 389-5083